Outer Ring Sectors
By far the most significant historical event is that of the discovery of Manezium. The possibility of this unique substance existing was first realised by Boraxian scientists in the year 2250 when minute quantities of it were detected around the ghost ships of Canopus West. Boraxian scientists soon managed to recreate the substance in minute quantities and were amazed by the chemical properties that it possessed. Unfortunately the amount of energy required to create it was less than the amount they could obtain from it, meaning that it was not commercially viable.
In 2371 a probe from Boraxus was sent out to search and discover new territories. In 2373 it reached an uncharted sector of the Galaxy which we now call New Sector Alpha. Images from the probe sent back to Boraxus showed that the sector was completely filled with a violet coloured gas. When the news spread about the new sector, ships from all over the Galaxy travelled there to discover the source of the violet coloured gas which was given the name Manezium.
No life or planets of any sort were found, but in 2374 a Tibran cruiser found that the sector was scattered with what appeared to be hundreds of thousands of asteroid size rocks giving off the Manezium gas. Scientist found that Manezium gas could be used as a highly concentrated form of fuel. The rocks in New Sector Alpha could be broken up into smaller sizes, and still give off a constant supply of this Manezium gas. Ships throughout the Galaxy were soon using Manezium as fuel and even the smaller ships could travel from one end of the Galaxy to another without the need to re-fuel.
Other legions had previously regarded the Boraxian research as purely academic, but now they stood up and took notice. Here was a substance that provided a nearly limitless source of energy, and limitless possibilities, just sitting in space, up for grabs.
Krilgorians, in particular, want control of NSA. One of the limiting factors to how much they can integrate machinery into their bodies is energy. With Manezium Gas as the power source, the enhancements they dream possible drive them to fight for the sector as hard as they can.
Ajaxians are horrified by the Krilgorians' desires and accordingly, seek to stop them......or so they say. In reality, they couldn't care less what the Krilgorians' intentions are; they just don't want anyone else to get the gas ahead of them.
Boraxians having discovered both the theory and reality of Manezium see the gas as rightfully theirs. They dream of the power such a gas would give to their ships, making them an unstoppable force in the galaxy and allowing them to cleanse it of all inferior life.
And then there is the Tibran Legion, clawing its way back from the brink of destruction. After decades of abuse Tibrar has been left all but devoid of energy resources. For them, Manezium is a matter of life and death.
A new commitee was formed to decide who would have control of New Sector Alpha and distribute it's finite number of rocks to other sectors in the Galaxy. Members of the commitee fought for years to try and resolve the problem, at the turn of 2378 war broke out between the four largest civilisations to control the Galaxy - the Ajaxians, Krilgorians, Tibrans and Boraxians.
Other sectors took their sides and took up arms as these civilisations began to attack other sectors in their attempt to dominate the Galaxy. No civilisation was safe, and here is where we find ourselves today...
- 1755 - Krilgorians discover space flight
- 1772 - Krilgorians first discover jump gate technology
- 1804 - Krilgorian probe returns carrying deadly virus to Krilgore
- 1931 - Boraxians discover space flight
- 1942 - Tibrans discover space flight
- 1984 - Tibran company, Pegasus Heavy Industries forms
- 1985 - Ajaxian company, Macrostuffed corporation forms
- 1991 - Boraxians discover jump gate technology but do not explore immediately
- 2001 - Krilgorians make first manned hyperjump
- 2003 - Krilgorian High Council begins program to augment babies
- 2004 - Krilgorians first discover Dreadlar
- 2010 - Krilgorians first discover Southern Sector and the source of their viral infection.
- 2012 - Krilgorians invent holovision
- 2014 - Krilgorians first discover Garen
- 2042 - Tibran message capsule arrives (100 years old) on Ajaxus
- 2052 - Ajaxians master space flight, Tibrans and Ajaxians discover jump gates
- 2056 - Tibrans first discover Moons of Kaarp, PHI wins contract for colonising it
- 2057 - Ajaxians first discover Apollo and the 3 Suns
- 2058 - Tibrans first discover Aquarious
- 2059 - Tibrans first discover Canopus West and the massive armada of alien ships
- 2062 - Tibrans set up colony on Garen
- 2071 - FIRST CONTACT , Ajaxians encounter Tibrans at Garen.
- 2075 - FIRST CONTACT , Ajaxians and Tibrans encounter Krilgorians at Tibrar.
- 2083 - Moons of Kaarp declare independence from Tibrar
- 2086 - Ajaxians take control of Tibrar and enslave the Tibrans
- 2090 - Krilgorians wallowing in mediocrity, last Kril ship in space is destroyed
- 2102 - Ajaxians discover random gate technology for the first time, and also Tripe
- 2115 - Tripe colonised by Ajaxian Trippers
- 2118 - Orbital discovered for the first time by S.T. Macintosh
- 2122 - Krilgorian 81103 star Loki Parry successfully launches
- 2127 - Krilgorians first discover 81103
- 2128 - FIRST CONTACT , Boraxians encounter Krils and learn of Tibs and Ajaxians.
- 2130 - 3 Suns claimed by AUQF
- 2133 - First Boraxian fleet assembled
- 2135 - Krilgore cleared of most of the entertainment industry, destroys holovision
- 2136 - Boraxians first discover Red Sky
- 2140 - FIRST CONTACT , Boraxians take control of Tibrar chasing the Ajaxians out
- 2149 - Krilgorians ready to return to space in force
- 2150 - last of the Krilgorian 81103 colonists dies
- 2163 - Tibrans detonate huge quantities of nuclear weapons causing the 'Axial Shift'
- 2202 - AUQF formally takes control of 3 Suns and declares independence
- 2203 - Slate Glib 'redesigns' Orbital sector
- 2204 - all legions gather in Dreadlar and attack Orbital, Galactic Council forms
- 2250 - Boraxians discover theory behind Manezium gas, produce it synthetically
- 2373 - probe from Boraxus discovers New Sector Alpha
- 2374 - Tibran cruiser discovers Manezium gas, Galactic Council given control
- 2378 - Ajaxus officially declares full scale war on Krilgore
- 2380 - any last shred of galactic peace collapses, total war over Manezium Gas begun
- 2390 - new hyperdrive technology discovered, new sectors begin to be explored